Monday, November 8, 2010

I love Autumn

Last Autumn I was in North Carolina, enjoying the colors. With the coming harvest comes death, but right before this is the beauty of Autumn. Reds, yellows, and amazing oranges can be seen all over. Living in the deserts of Arizona for 5 years I began to miss the Autumn and drive up north into the mountains where we could see the colors. However, last year was a reuniting with my love of this time of year, however its length in time is always too short, but what keeps us happy about it, is knowing that next year, we can reach out and feel it again, if we choose to be where it is possible to see, smell, and feel the beauty of the changing season.
This was North Carolina...

Now onto glorious Michigan, seen in the picture at the bottom of this post.
My camera was broken unfortunately for this odd fall back to my home state. I missed out on taking breathtaking pictures of the colors, but I want to emphasize again, that the orange colors seem to stay, and be the last ones, when all the other colors have turned to brown and death...
Another beautiful thing about this time of year is the cider mills, orchards, donuts, Halloween, and many other festivals that have come and gone this year in a whirlwind of craziness. I will post more on this subject, maybe in more detail about the "events", with pictures from such events. Seeing Sofia begin to appreciate these things as a child, not just a baby, is very exciting for me and my future seasons with her.
____________________________________
Autumn wins you best by this its mute
Appeal to sympathy for its decay.
- Robert Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment